Did you know that adding a live chat to your WordPress website takes only a few seconds?
You don’t need a stat to prove this implementation process, it’s an established fact.
WordPress has a diverse list of plugins that can be added to your website. All you have to do is add them to your plugins list and activate them. The same process goes for live chat plugins as well. However, there 100’s of live chat plugins that can leave anyone in a bind. It can be hard for WordPress website owners to decide which live chat plugin they should add in the first place.
If you’re one of those confused WordPress users who aren’t sure what to add to their website, then our quick guide has come to your rescue. Here’s how we’ll help you find the best live chat plugin for your WordPress website.
A Quick Look at the Top Live Chat Plugins for WordPress & Their Key Features
But first, let’s see what a WordPress live chat plugin means.
What is WordPress Live Chat Plugin?
WordPress live chat plugin is a customer support and service tool that can be integrated into your WordPress business website or blog. It can help you connect with your visitors in real-time and assist them in case they’ve been on a page for too long.
The live chat plugin for WordPress also helps your business to promote your upcoming events and updates, therefore increasing engagement on the website. Overall, the use of a live chat plugin can help your business reach out to the right visitors at the right time and offer them support instantly.
Why Use WordPress Live Chat Plugins?
There are multiple benefits of using the top WordPress live chat plugins for your business website. Some of these benefits include:
- Offering a platform to your website visitors to connect with your brand faster
- Helping customers get instant answers to their questions
- Giving a boost to your lead generation process
- Enabling your business to become more proactive in real time
- Helping your business boost sales effectively
- Improve your customer’s loyalty
These benefits further encourage the use of chat plugins for websites on your business website. And if you’ve been using a CMS platform to help your business mark its presence online, then you’d need one of the best chat plugins for WordPress to up your game.
However, choosing one of the best WordPress live chat plugins can be challenging, especially when there are too many options to consider. That’s why we’ve listed some of the top criteria for you to find the best live chat for a WordPress website efficiently.
How to Choose the Best Chat Plugin in WordPress?
When choosing the best live chat plugin for your WordPress website, you need to check out a few criteria that make the selection process more straightforward. To help you get a head-start, we’ve listed some below. These will help you understand what you should look for when selecting the top live chat plugin for a WordPress website.
1. Identify Your Support Needs
When you start searching for the best online chat plugin for WordPress, you need to ask the right questions. One of them being “Does my business need a live chat solution?” If the answer is a BIG yes, then you need to ask “What challenges will it help us overcome in the support process?” Once you find answers to these questions, you’ll be clear about what type of features will help you overcome the challenges your team faces when offering support to customers in real-time.
2. Understand What Support Features Your Business Wants
Do you want to have chat triggers for proactive support, announcements to keep customers updated on your latest deals, routing for improved response times, and other such features? If features like these help your business strengthen the support process, you need to search for a live chat tool that offers you these features.
3. Check Its Compatibility With WordPress
There are certain live chat solutions that can be added to your WordPress website without its plugin. However, some might find that process a tad bit confusing. In such a case, you need to find live chat software that supports a plugin feature, or else it can become a daunting task for those who don’t know how to add it manually to the website.
4. Ask Yourself, “Is it Within My Budget?”
You cannot leave product pricing out when searching for the best live chat WordPress plugin. It’s important to ask another important question – Is it within our support budget? Indeed you allocate the budget towards buying a support product and employees who work along with it. Therefore, you need to make sure that you don’t go overboard with your support team’s budget.
5. Check Online Reviews for the Tool
Finally, make sure you check online reviews for all the chat plugins for WordPress first before settling for one. You should know what glitches their customers faced during their use of the plugin and whether you can afford those issues during the support process.
With this criteria list, it is time to check out some of the top live chat WordPress plugins online.
List of 15 Best Live Chat Plugins for WordPress Website
As promised, we’re going to list some of the best live chat plugins for WordPress. This list will help you narrow down one that matches your needs. Let’s get started.
ProProfs Chat is one of the top live chat WordPress plugins that your business should give a try. You can start with its free plan to explore features like visitor monitoring, chat routing, canned responses, and more. As you grow your business plan with the tool, you can experience some advanced features like announcements, chat greetings, automatic routing, and more.
The best part about this live chat plugin for a WordPress website is that you get the option to create your customer support suite with the free plan. That means, irrespective of your plan with the tool, you will still get the option to access the complete support suite and create an omnichannel experience for your customers.
- Update your customers with the latest deals, sales, discounts, and more with Announcements
- Route customers to the correct department automatically with chat routing
- Send automatic proactive messages to website visitors with chat greetings
- In-depth reports will help you see how your team performs during an ongoing conversation
- ChatBot for automating the support process and streamlining conversation flow
Pricing starts at $10/user/mon. (forever free plan)
LiveChat is one of the best online chat plugins for WordPress, known for its easy-to-use user interface and features. This live chat plugin can help your operators send targeted messages, route chats to the correct department, chat transcripts to track the quality of the conversation, and more.
LiveChat also offers settings such as team management where you can decide the roles and responsibilities of your operators and help them manage their work schedules efficiently. This live chat tool also helps your online business create an omnichannel experience. It offers access to different messaging channels like Facebook, SMS, and others whose messages convert into live chat conversations.
- Use goals and sales tracker to understand your efforts at making sales
- Convert your missed chats into tickets with an automatic ticket system
- Improve your live chat’s efficiency with 200+ integration options
- Secure your customer’s live chat experience with GDPR compliance and single sign-on
- Customize your agent’s profile to offer a personalized experience to customers
Pricing starts at $16/user/month, billed annually.
Olark is another option that your business can consider when searching for the best live chat plugin for a WordPress website. This live chat plugin enables your business to customize the chat widget as per the website’s theme, and you get to maintain the branding on every page hassle-free.
It even enables your business to save operator’s time during their shifts by automating the conversations with the Chatbot feature. You also get to learn what practices have allowed your operators to retain customers during an ongoing chat with in-depth analytics reports.
- Capture actionable insights with transcripts
- Create custom pre-chat forms to capture customer details faster
- Engage customers with proactive messages
- Manage your chat team with the help of their reports
- Integrate with favorite tools in seconds
Pricing starts at $17/user/month.
4. Zendesk Chat
Zendesk Chat is one of the biggest competitors offering live chat plugins for its interface and ability to create a seamless experience for customers and operators. It enables your online business to connect faster with website visitors and learn their pain points. This equips your operators with valid solutions and improves your business sales hassle-free.
Besides this, it even offers you in-depth reports on your operator’s performance in real-time and where they went wrong during a conversation. You even get to automate the support experience with chatbot and reduce operator burnout incidents successfully.
- Organize conversation flows with chat routing and tags effortlessly
- Create a rich experience for customers by using messaging features like emojis, GIFs, and canned responses
- Manage incoming chats anytime, anywhere with a mobile app feature
- Customize chat widget as per your business’s theme
- Chatbots to help your company automate the customer support process
Pricing starts at $14/user/month.
Intercom is an enterprise-level live chat software that may seem heavy for your pocket but supports some of the best features that will scale as per the needs of your business. The live chat provider promises to offer more than the services of a manual chat service. As users of this live chat plugin, you can access bots, email messengers, help centers, and much more.
Intercom offers its services through conversational support, engagement, and marketing. That means you not only get to provide support to your WordPress website visitors but also market your products and boost sales.
- Chatbots for automating your customer engagement and support process
- Send automated messages to customers as they visit your website
- Inbox helps you manage conversations across different platforms in one dashboard
- Customer data platform enables you to see who your customer is and what they’ve been looking on your website
- Use the mobile app to offer anytime, anywhere support to customers
Pricing starts at $87/month.
Tidio is yet another best website chat plugin competitor in the market that deserves your attention. This live chat tool helps you reduce response time with features like canned responses and chat routing. It helps your operators keep the customers engaged during the conversation, answer their brimming questions, and boost brand sales.
It even enables your business to review what your visitor is up to during their browsing experience and initiate a proactive conversation to resolve their pain points efficiently. You can also schedule automated email campaigns with it and reach your target audience hassle-free.
- Get access to a visual chatbot editor to create the perfect experience for your visitors.
- Customize the look and feel of the chat widget as per the theme of your website
- Integrate with the top platforms to enhance the experience of the live chat plugin
- Manage incoming chats no matter where you are with its mobile app
- Chatbot helps you automate the customer support process
Pricing starts at $15/3 users/month.
Drift is one of the finest automated live chat solutions that helps your business accelerate sales faster. It enables you to generate more qualified leads for your business and keep your sales pipeline going. This live chat tool also supports customization of customer experience by offering in-depth insights on what the customer came looking for at your website.
But that’s not all Drift does for its users. One of the best live chat plugins for WordPress websites helps you route the customers to the correct department and resolve their problems faster.
- Access chatbot in multiple languages and cater to an audience worldwide
- Lead routing means you can route the right leads to the correct department
- Use the virtual assistant feature to keep your sales running smoothly
- Send proactive messages during the checkout process
- Capture market qualified leads with in-depth pre-chat form
Pricing starts at $50/month(base price) +$20/user/month.
Userlike, just like other best live chat plugin options for WordPress websites, is considered one of the top choices. That’s because this live chat plugin for the website helps your business reach customers proactively in real time. More importantly, its simple interface makes it easier for your operators to learn about the tool and start working with it.
It even enables your business to capture leads in real time and store them as prospects for your sales team to convert later. What’s more, you can track every interaction and how it went with the help of chat reports and transcripts.
- Create support operator groups for better team management
- Showcase your operators’ skills that help your customers to relate with them
- Create customer profiles the moment a visitor fills in the pre-chat form
- Integrate with your favorite CRM platform to store leads
- Capture customer’s feedback the moment a chat comes to an end
Pricing starts at $108/month/4 seats.
Tawk.to is one of the few live chat plugins that offers all premium features for free. This free live chat plugin helps you monitor chat in real-time and understand customer’s expectations and pain points. It even allows you to send proactive messages to customers and capture incoming leads successfully.
You successfully get the opportunity to get close with leads, engage with them in real time and convert them into sales. For this, you can meet customers, collaborate with operators, assign them incoming chats, and easily share knowledge for a better support experience.
- Monitor visitor activity in real time
- Offers 45+ language support to help you communicate with customers in their native language
- Answer incoming chats from your mobile devices
- Canned messages help you respond to incoming chats faster
- Track customer sentiment and identify their pain points easily
Pricing starts at $0/agent/month.
10. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is yet another competitor you’ll come across while discussing the best live chat plugins for WordPress websites. This easy-to-install and straightforward plugin can help your business get a complete integrated support system that creates an awesome experience for all your customers.
This tool helps you get transparency on what your operators are working on, what your leads are browsing on your website, and how the conversation between the two takes place.
- White label your live chat widget with brand name
- Tag transcripts to help operators find suitable references for solutions during an ongoing chat
- Track your visitor’s activities in real time and get to know their pain points
- Customization settings to help you create chat widgets that match your website theme
- Integrations with third-party platforms for enhancing the performance of the live chat plugin
Pricing starts at $39/month.
LiveAgent is one of the most accessible live chat plugins to use that can conveniently be integrated into your WordPress website. This live chat plugin helps you create an omnichannel experience for your business by capturing every communication from different platforms and displaying it for your support team in one place.
It helps you resolve queries faster by helping you route the chat to the correct department and sending canned messages to keep the response time minimum. It enables you to become proactive and resolve incoming queries faster.
- Send proactive chat invitations to know your visitors better
- Monitor your visitors and create personalized conversation experiences
- See what your customers are typing with real time typing-view
- Setup a multilingual chat widget to help customers speak in their native language
- Integrate with its native apps like help desk and knowledge base to create a complete support suite experience
Pricing starts at $29/month.
Jivochat is another live chat plugin that you can consider for your WordPress website. Just like the other tools in the list, it connects with WordPress websites in seconds. It helps you connect with your customers and prospects using different channels. Customers connecting via callback, email, Apple Business Chat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, and others are converted into chats that can be managed by your support agents in real-time.
Jivochat also helps your agents to correspond with customers at a lightning-fast speed. They can even collaborate with their team members internally and provide a solution to the customer faster without routing them from one department to another.
- Helps you create and save quick phrases that can be used during a conversation
- Integrates with CRM and other communication tools to create multi-channel experience
- Enables your business to generate leads even when your business hours are over
- Allows you to send chat transcript to customers via email
- Offers detailed typing insights to help agents learn what customers want to say
Pricing starts at $6.92/agent/mon
Crisp is originally seen to be an all-in-one multichannel that brings together chat, help desk, and even knowledge management systems. However, you can make use of their live chat as an individual product as well. You can even enable its chatbot feature to automate the chat process with customers.
You can also create an engaging experience with visitors during an ongoing chat by using features like GIFs or even video previews. This will increase the possibility of keeping customers engaged with the brand and allow you to learn more about your customers closely. And let’s not forget the number of customization settings it offers to all its users.
- Allows you to translate messages in real time
- Offers integration with knowledge base
- Helps you share files with customers
- Supports video chat option
- Helps you co-browse with visitors
Pricing starts at $25/website/month.
Freshworks is also one of the popular WordPress live chat plugins your business can check out. From helping you connect all messaging channels to automating incoming queries via chatbot, it covers everything. This live chat software is known for supporting more than 30 languages. That means you can help customers from different regions to connect with your brand in their native languages.
On top of that, Freshworks also offers live translation where your agents can receive translated messages and send an accurate response or solution to customers. It even performs bulk actions for multiple conversations and even team members, therefore helping you save time.
- Offers in-depth visitor intel
- Helps you translate messages live
- Allows you to connect with your favorite tools
- Helps you set targeted messages
- Allows you to set roles and permissions for all
Pricing starts at $13.45/agent/month.
Smartsupp is known as a sales live chat software as it helps its users capture leads at a lightning-fast speed and identify more opportunities to convert them in real time. And the best part is, its plugin is available for WordPress users as well. It gives you the option to integrate with live chat, email inbox, and even Facebook Messenger.
You can also customize its chat widget as per your website theme. That’s because it gives multiple settings options to help you build a chat widget that matches your expectations. Other than that, you can always check out where your visitors are coming from. It offers a detailed dashboard that displays all visitor details in one place.
- Offers mobile app to connect with visitors on the go
- Allows you to set automatic messages for proactive efforts
- Helps you record visitor actions in real time
- Offers access to detailed reporting and analytics
- Helps you create personal short-cuts to reduce repetitive tasks
Pricing starts at $10/3 agents/month.
Comparison of 15 Best WordPress Live Chat Plugins
Now that we’ve scanned each of these live chat solutions in detail, it is time we take a quick look at the tabular comparison of their features and pricing below.
|Features||Pricing||Chatbots||Announcement||Proactive Messages||Automatic Routing||Multi-lingual Support|
|LiveChat||$16/user/month billed annually.||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Drift||$50/month(base price) +$20/user/month.||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Get the Best Live Chat Plugin for Your WordPress Business Website
Finding the best live chat plugin for a WordPress website is like finding a needle in a haystack. You have too many options available in the market, and it is hard to identify which one is the perfect match for your WordPress support needs.
You need to settle for a live chat plugin that scales along with your business, fits within your company’s budget, delivers instant support, and helps you take chats no matter where your operators are. Considering such criteria, we’d say ProProfs Chat can be one of the few recommendations you can give a try. You sign up for the tool for free and browse its features at length.
We hope you get to find the best live chat plugin for your WordPress website and get started with the support process instantly.
Now let’s take a look at some of the frequently asked questions around the same below.
Q1: What is the best live chat plugin for WordPress?
Live chat plugins like ProProfs Chat, LiveChat and Zendesk are some of the top picks by businesses. This proves that they are some of the best live chat plugins for WordPress users in today’s date.
Q2: Does WordPress have a built in live chat feature?
Sadly, WordPress doesn’t own a live chat feature of its own that users can implement on their WordPress website. That’s why you get to see live chat plugins listed when you search for live chat on their plugins section.
Q3: How do I add a live chat plugin to WordPress?
To add a live chat plugin to your WordPress website, you can go and check out this video link that explains in detail how easy it is to add the plugin in minutes.
Do you want a free Live Chat software?
We have the #1 Live Chat software for delightful customer support starting at $0